“AT WILL” employment
Read through the following case study, before you answer the questions:
Lorraine recently started working for Golden Hospital in the claims/billing department. Her duties included preparing and submitting Medicare/Medicaid claims for payment. Shortly after being hired Lorraine noticed there were numerous irregularities which were potentially illegal billings to Medicare. When she raised the issue to her supervisor Barry, she was terminated. Lorraine inquired as to the reason and was told that according to the staff handbook all employees are hired “At Will”; thus, no reason or notice was needed for her termination.
IN a 4 page paper respond to the following:
1. What is “AT WILL” employment?
2. Are there any exceptions to “AT WILL” employment?
3. As the director of HR for Golden Hospital what concerns would you have over Lorraine’s termination?
4. Who should be notified about her termination? Why?
5. How would you handle the situation with her supervisor, Barry?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!