Choose 1 country that the organization (Home Depot) you’ve been working on in this course could consider expanding into.
Read the selected article from the University Library.
Analyze that potential international market by considering the 4 aspects of the Diamond of National Advantage: industry rivalry, demand conditions, related and supporting industries, and factor endowments.
Analyze the forces (in the home market and international market) that will help the organization succeed with its expansion and the forces that may act as barriers to that expansion. Refer to your analysis of strengths and weaknesses completed in Wk 1, Porter’s Five Forces worksheet from Wk 3, and your analysis of the Diamond of National Advantage.
Evaluate the 4 adjustments leaders must make when expanding internationally (Burkus, 2012). Recommend 1 specific leadership action for each adjustment, such as developing a global mindset, developing sensitivity to cultural differences, decentralizing, deciding on the level of involvement, etc.
Recommend whether the organization should expand into the chosen country. Explain your rationale.
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to present your analysis and recommendation. Include the following sections in your presentation:
- A cover slide
- An agenda
- Identification of the country you have chosen (1 slide, with brief speaker’s notes)
- 1 slide for analysis of each of the elements of the Diamond of National Advantage (4 slides, with speaker’s notes)
- A summary of the analysis of the forces that will help the organization succeed in the new country (1 slide, with speaker’s notes)
- A summary of the analysis of the forces that will hinder the organization’s success in the new country (1 slide, with speaker’s notes)
- Leadership actions are required to make the 4 adjustments identified by Burkus (2012)
- A recommendation and rationale (1 slide, with speaker’s notes)
- A conclusion
Cite references to support your assignment.