FINAL PAPER INTERNSHIP AT CHASE BREXTON HEALTHCARE IN BALTIMORE, MARYLAND.
INTERNSHIP ON INSURANCE VERTIFICATION AND CHART AUDIT.
Professional Practice Experience Paper[WLOs: 1, 2, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Domains 1 through 5 in your Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Exam Preparation textbook, and review Chapters 21 through 25 in your Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice This assignment will focus on what you learned and applied in the Health Information Management program and what your learned during your professional practice experience.
In your paper,
- Differentiate between the AHIMA Code of Ethical Standards you used during your professional practice experience.
- Determine how you applied knowledge, skills, and abilities your learned in the health information management program needed for entry-level competencies during your professional practice experience.
- Evaluate how you met elements appropriate to personal, professional, and organizational success during your professional practice experience.
- Determine how you used diverse information in an effective and timely manner to make appropriate decisions during your professional practice experience.
- Discuss how you integrated health information management program knowledge during your professional practice experience; provide specific examples.
- Identify which domains were applied during your professional practice experience.
- Include your time sheet signed by the health information management preceptor.
The Professional Practice Experience paper
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference page and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least four scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.