Marbury v. Madison
1. Prepare a two to three (2-3) page briefing on the case that you reviewed in which you utilize the following areas of importance: a) issue presented; b) short answer; c) the facts of the case; d) a summary of the case; and e) a conclusion of the case outcome.
2. Review the concept of judicial review, and explain the fundamental manner in which the Court obtained the power of judicial review.
3. Interpret the following quote from Thomas Jefferson in a letter to W.C. Jarvis, dated Sept. 28, 1820: “It is very dangerous doctrine to consider the judges as the ultimate authority of all constitutional questions.” Provide a rationale for your interpretation.
4. Specify whether or not you believe Chief Justice John Marshall’s claim of the power of judicial review for the judicial branch constituted a usurpation of power.
5. Review the Court’s decision in Marbury and determine whether the Court acted in any fashion in order to improve the system of checks and balances that exits among the branches of government.
6. Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Illustrate the workings of the adversary system.
Analyze the functions of law and identify various types of law.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in U.S. Courts.
Write clearly and concisely about U.S. Courts using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!