Objective: For this assignment, you should apply ideas from the course to evaluate the depiction of crime, violence, and/or disorder in urban neighborhoods in some form of popular media. Choose one fictional media product (such as a film, song/music video, television show, etc). Draw upon any of the readings we have discussed in the course thus far to assess the accuracy of the media product’s portrayal of neighborhoods with regard to crime, violence, and disorder. In what ways does the media product fit (or not fit) with what we’ve learned? Would our readings agree or disagree with the portrayal? Remember, this assignment is your opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of what we’ve discussed.If possible, please include a copy of the media product (if it is text) or instructions on how to access it (if it is video) at the end of your assignment.An “A” paper will accomplish the following goals:
- Clearly but concisely name and describe the chosen media product
- Identify and discuss how the media product is relevant to the class
- Utilize the course reading(s) in your evaluation of the media product’s portrayal
- Include an introduction and a conclusion
- 2-4 pages double-spaced of text (remember, this is a guideline and not a strict rule)
- Include a cover page with a title, your name, the course number, and the date
I have attached multiple readings discussed in this course to draw upon for this assignment.