problem solving method (COPPS)
You are the captain in the police department’s special response unit. Your unit normally handles many special projects for the chief of police, from providing officers for parades and demonstrations to targeting an area in which there is a serious ongoing crime problem. Your chief, who insists on using the community policing and problem solving method (COPPS) to address crime issues, has advised you that there is a street racing and underage drinking problem that has been reported in the Westwood community by the community association.
Your task is to find a way to solve these problems using the COPPS philosophy, and provide a formal written report directly to the chief of police as to how you plan on addressing the problem.
This assignment should use the scanning, analysis, response, and assessment (the SARA method) format for the report. Support your viewpoints from your readings and other appropriate outside sources.
DB: 3-4 paragraphs
The criminal justice system or process has been criticized as being fragmented and rife with role conflicts and other problems.
Four points of view have arisen to discuss this important issue:
• The criminal justice process
• The criminal justice network
• The criminal justice as a nonsystem
• A true criminal justice system
Discuss the following:
• Which process do you feel best describes our criminal justice system today?
• Do you agree that the system that you chose is the most advantageous, or would you instead choose one of the other two systems?
• Support your viewpoints from your readings and other appropriate outside sources. Be sure to use APA format.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!