5-8 pages (longer is not necessarily better)
1.Would you likely prefer to choose a nursing house or hiring a nursing assistant at
home? Which one do you think can keep or improve your life qualities better inyour
old life? Do you have some impressive experiences between these two lifestyles?
2.Do you have some experiences that have been treated in special ways? Positivelyor
Negatively? What kinds of emotions and thoughts when you experienced these?
3.How much have you changed since your 20s, 30s, or 40s (cognitively, physically, emotionally, psychologically, socially, etc.)? Was there any specific event or series of
events that brought about these changes? In which situations are these changes most
4.How has your attention, hearing, speaking changed over the years? Do you findit
harder to see or hear something? Compared with younger times, do you feel difficult
when someone is speaking to you?
5.Do you have some diseases when you are getting older? How is your emotion whenyou are frustrated with some diseases? Do these diseases seriously affect your normal
Purpose: to investigate how personal history, experiences, lifestyle, and beliefs
interact with and influence an individual’s aging experience. According to the
interview questions to write your paper!!!
APA style title page, citations, & reference page
• 1-page introduction of your interviewee – Demographics (age, gender, culture), family & personal history, medical, personality
– Identity must remain CONFIDENTIAL
• 0.5-1 page per question
– Italicize the question itself – Summary of their response, interspersed with your interpretation and relationtoliterature – Relate responses from two questions to at least one recent journal article
(2000s) • 1-2 page conclusion
• In what ways does the experience of your interviewee exemplify typical and atypical
• Speculate why your interviewee’s responses differ from what is discussed in the
textbook/articles/class. • Other potential points:
– How did their choices aid or hinder the optimal aging process? – How did your interviewee’s culture affect their experience of aging? – Any relevant cohort effects?
2-point Times New Roman font
Standard 1-inch margins
Pages must be numbered
In-text citations and references must be done in APA format
Finding articles and citing:
Search terms using “” separated by “AND” E.g., “recollection” AND “memory” AND “aging” Look at number of citations
For short behavioural studies, look for papers in Psychological Science, Memory, Psychology & Aging